Saturday, March 15, 2008

New Year's Eve (2008)

hi everybody!

I'm back after so much time!!!! as you probably know, I'm really busy with my thesis.
you know, I met my neighbours today and they asked me: we haven't seen you in months, are you ok? ihih they were sincerely worried and they thought I moved out ahaha
and in the gym, the people is still asking me: are you back from germany? ok it has been almost one year, but it's just that they haven't seen me!

ok, I know, I should go out more often :D

but ok, we had something pending hehe. My trip to Sofia!!!!

don't worry, I'll be shorter than last time :D

so, my new year's eve was great! one of my best ever.

at first we had dinner with Maria's grandmother. Everything was delicious and she is very nice!!! we had cabbage sarmì and after loving the grapeleaves' sarmì, as well, i think i'm a sarmì person!!!!

then we took the underground: my benchmark about the undergrounds abroad is still going on; everywhere I've been it's nicer than in Milan! (even though in the last month they painted it with bright colours finally!!! no more dark brown walls, ok but this is another post ihih).

we went to a club called "Exit", in the centre of Sofia of course! by we, I mean: me, Maria, her brother Kostadin and her friends Katia, Dimitar, Ivan and Todor (in appearance order ihih).



so the club was really nice and decorated with Absolut vodka bottles with tiles like strobos: I couldn t expect less! they know how to drink vodka and of course how to decorate with it :D

then as Maria and I were there, there was fire as well! and a little arson ihih ok some napkins took fire, nothing dangerous... but I think Maria and I were somehow responsable just being there ahaha.

ok so when we were getting there, I decided to learn the numbers in Bulgarian. I wasn't even thinking that it would turn out to be really useful for the countdown!!!

after the toast they put a couple of bulgarian folksongs. Maria was singing to me one that was saying something like "Welcome, my friend, in Bulgaria". niiiiiiiice :D

so we danced, we drank, we joked... untiiil: Maria's mobile got stolen.
we called it a night and we went home while it was beginning to snow. at least that was what I was saying and nobody believed me :D you'll see the pics below ;)

the following day, we rested at home. Maria's parents came back from their trip and I spent time with them, while Maria was ill in bed :(

on the 2nd Maria's mom took me to the archeological museum, and we went shopping :)
it was a bit difficult to walk, because there was a lot of snow!!!

here are the pictures. you can see the lions... they're the same of the previous post, just with a bit of snow on them hehe.



then i got ill as well but it was time to go back home and say goodbye to all the family Golevi and Sofia.

here is the picture from the taxi: it's Vitoša, the mountain next to Sofia; Maria told me that everyone who lived in Sofia can recognise its silhouette.

sooooooo I can say it was a really nice trip and I met lovely people!!!
bye bye Sofia!

ps. of course I was flying with Alitalia aaaand... I was 2 hrs late.



2 comments:

komar4e said...

hehe very nice post bella :) i was singing indeed "Welcome, my friend, in Bulgaria" which is so funny. Cosmic energy :) me thinks. As this is old and famous Bulgarian song and it is mistery to me why would anyone play it in a modern club on New Year's Eve. But it was perfect to sing to you :D

FLO said...

thaaaaaanx :D

yes it was real welcoming cosmic energy :D